Oh, give thanks to the God of gods! For His mercy endures forever. Oh, give thanks to the Lord of lords! For His mercy endures forever: to Him who alone does great wonders, for His mercy endures forever. ~ Psalm 136: 1-4
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. ~ 1Peter 5:8
When one is faced with attacks from the devil, it is important to remember God has given us everything we need to overcome Satan, the world, and the temptation of it! Jesus and His Word will be the power and weapon needed to see the victory prevail.
The TouchPoint Bible says, “In order to be effective on the battlefield a soldier must be both well trained and properly equipped. The warrior must be alert for surprise attacks; so it is in our spiritual battle with Satan. Determined to destroy our faith by leading us into sin and discouragement, Satan attacks with blatant temptation and deceptive lies. The Bible teaches that the best weapon for this warfare in the Word of God and prayer.”
This is important. No matter what happens, God’s faithfulness will prevail over evil and strengthen you so that you can endure after such a time as this, His mercy will endure for you.
In the midst of the battle, remember Sheila’s Seven Ways to Victory:
1. I must determine to do all my warfare through Christ and His Word.
2. I must realize it is not my job to do God’s job, it’s my ministry to be a servant of God in spite of the circumstances around me.
3. I must trust the same faith that brought salvation to me, to be the same faith that will bring victory in the middle of life’s battles.
4. I must determine to give God the Glory no matter what my natural eyes may see or hear.
5. I must keep my eyes on the goal of Jesus, to display faith, hope, and love, for the greatest of these is love!
6. I must be confident in Christ that I can do all things through Him that gives me strength.
7. I must remember that the joy of the Lord is my strength!
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~ Philippians 4:13